Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information, NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING and our group have adopted a
business (the "Personal Information").
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations, Conformity with Government Guidelines and Establishment
of Company Rules
- Our group will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and
regulations of Japan. It will also make efforts to conduct its business in accordance with guidelines set forth by
government authorities of Japan.
- Our group will make efforts to properly protect the Personal Information through the establishment of company
rules with regard to the handling of Personal Information.
- Our group will ensure that its employees are aware of and understand the laws and regulations, guidelines and
company rules described above. Furthermore, it will make endeavors to continuously review and amend this Privacy
Policy and the company rules.
2. Basic Policy concerning Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Our group will inform you, in as much detail as possible, of the purposes for which any Personal Information
obtained from you shall be used. Notification or public disclosure of the purposes of use will be made when the
Personal Information is obtained from you directly. If, following the acquisition of Personal Information, there
is a request from you for information regarding the purposes of use, our group will make appropriate disclosure,
except in cases where disclosure is exempted under laws and regulations.
- Our group will use the Personal Information only within the scope of the purposes defined above. It will not
change the purposes of use or provide the Personal Information to any third party without your prior consent. At
your request, our group will take appropriate actions, including notifications to you of the purposes of use,
disclosure or correction of data and suspension of use, except in cases where it is exempted from doing so under
laws and regulations.
- Our group will make efforts to keep the Personal Information as accurate and up-to-date as possible, and will
take measures to protect the Personal Information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification,
leaks, and other such incidents.
- In the case that handling of the Personal Information is entrusted to a third party, our group will stipulate in
the relevant contract the management responsibilities of such third party, and take other such appropriate
3. Inquiries on Personal Information
- Inquiries or other comments with regard to the handling of the Personal Information should be directed to the
department to which you provided your Personal Information. In the case that you are unsure where to contact,
please call the main telephone number of the relevant our group company.