NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group recognizes that the balance of global environmental conservation and business activities is at the core of the management of an advanced engineering company trusted by society. We will strive to achieve this balance by acting in accordance with the following guidelines that will enable us to contribute to creating a sustainable and global environmentally conscious society.
- We will strive to maintain and improve our level of environmental management by strictly complying with environment-related laws, ordinances, and agreements, etc., in all aspects of our business activities.
- We will contribute to global environmental conservation in all aspects of our business activities by reduction of greenhouse gas emission, preventing environmental pollution, reducing the production of waste, promoting conservation of resources and recycling, and by making considerations for biodiversity, etc.
- We will work with a sense of responsibility and speed in order to develop and implement technologies and products that will contribute to the creation of decarbonized and recycling-oriented society.
- We will promote education and awareness concerning the global environment, to improve global environmental conservation knowledge and awareness.
Examples of Activities
Reduction of Environmental Impact
- NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group perform periodical environmental audits at all of our work sites and plants / offices to confirm the status of compliance with environmental laws and regulations, and to make any necessary rectifications.
- We ascertain the level of energy consumption at all of our plants and offices in Japan, and monitor our greenhouse gas emissions.
(Crude oil equivalent)
Greenhouse gas emissions※1
Ratio of direct final disposal consisting of industrial waste※3
※1: The relevant sites are the Osaki Head Office, Kitakyushu Technology Center (KTC), branch offices,
and other continuing business sites.
※2: Combined total value for the Osaki Head Office and KTC
※3: Varies according to the contents of ordered work
※1: Environmental contribution products/coke dry-quenching (CDQ), waste-to-energy plants, geothermal
power generation equipment, cogeneration equipment, sewage sludge solid fuel system, and
wind-power equipment in the steel manufacturing process.
※2: The figures in the graph indicate the CO2 reduction
effect values obtained by using the emissions coefficient, etc., of domestic power to estimate the amount of electric
power produced by environmental contribution products built by Nippon Steel Engineering in Japan and overseas up to
FY2020, based on the assumption of an operating rate that takes into consideration the traits of each facility, etc.