NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group recognizes that the balance of environmental conservation and business activities is at the core of the management of an advanced engineering company trusted by society. We will strive to achieve this balance by acting in accordance with the following guidelines that will enable us to contribute to creating a sustainable and environmentally conscious society.
- We will strive to maintain and improve our level of environmental management by strictly complying with environment-related laws, ordinances, and agreements, etc., in all aspects of our business activities.
- We will contribute to global environmental conservation in all aspects of our business activities by preventing environmental pollution, reducing the production of waste, promoting conservation of resources and recycling, and by making considerations for biodiversity, etc.
- We will strive to consistently comprehend the environment-related demand of society, and perform engineering while developing advanced technologies to create the solutions, then provide the engineering solutions that society desires.
- We will promote education and awareness concerning the environment, to improve environmental conservation knowledge and awareness.
Examples of Activities
Reduction of Environmental Impact
- NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group perform periodical environmental audits at all of our work sites and plants / offices to confirm the status of compliance with environmental laws and regulations, and to make any necessary rectifications.
- We ascertain the level of energy consumption at all of our plants and offices in Japan, and monitor our greenhouse gas emissions.
(Crude oil equivalent)
|Greenhouse gas emissions※1
||Ratio of direct final disposal consisting of industrial waste※3
※1：The relevant sites are the Osaki Head Office, Kitakyushu Technology Center (KTC), branch offices, and other continuing business sites.
※2：Combined total value for the Osaki Head Office and KTC (Increase in FY2019 due to relocation of the institutes to KTC)
※3： Varies according to the contents of ordered work (Increase in FY2019 due to inclusion of removal/disposal of existing equipment)
※1：Environmental contribution products/coke dry-quenching (CDQ), waste-to-energy plants, geothermal power generation equipment, cogeneration equipment, sewage sludge fuelization system (J-Combi®), and wind-power equipment in the steel manufacturing process.
※2：The figures in the graph indicate the CO2 reduction effect values obtained by using the emissions coefficient, etc., of domestic power to estimate the amount of electric power produced by environmental contribution products built by Nippon Steel Engineering in Japan and overseas up to FY2019, based on the assumption of an operating rate that takes into consideration the traits of each facility, etc.