Social Contribution Policy
NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group will promote social contribution activities in the following four areas beyond our
existing business activities by effectively making use of our management resources in collaboration with outside
organizations. Further, based on the recognition that voluntary social contribution activities of our employees help
further their own growth through communication with various persons outside company, we will support and promote their
- Development of the next generation
We will promote activities to convey the joys of engineering to young people who will be responsible for the next
- Development of community
We will recognize the social challenges of each local community that our business offices and project sites are
involved with, and will promote activities that will lead to the development of each of these communities.
- Global environmental conservation
As a company engaged in the construction of industrial and social infrastructure, we consider global environmental
conservation to be an important issue that our employees should be acutely aware of, and will promote activities
that will lead to solutions for environmental issues.
- Support for post-disaster reconstruction
In the event of large-scale disasters at home and abroad, we will, promote social contribution activities that
satisfy the needs of the affected areas by making use of our management resources.
Examples of Activities
Nurturing the Next Generation
- "Mission-E", an engineering education program for high school students, has been implemented since FY2015. This
program provides the opportunity to solve problems through the application of engineering methods.
- We receive junior high school and high school students who wish to make a company visit as a part of youth career
- Our employees visit elementary schools to teach classes on topics such as "systems for turning waste into a
resource" and "design experience using lego blocks" in an easy-to-understand manner.
- At the "Engi-Garden" - a regional community garden on the site of NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING CO., LTD.'s Kitakyushu
dormitory - NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING Group carry out a variety of programs involving participation from local
residents, in cooperation with the Kitakyushu municipal child welfare residential facility and designated non-profit
- Our group company, THAI NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION, LTD. (TNS) carries out mangrove
planting activities in Thailand.
Donations / Contributions
We support organizations such as NPO groups that conduct activities aligned with our basic social contribution
policy through donations and contributions.
Response to Typhoon 15 and Typhoon 19 of 2019
We donated 5 million yen to be used toward support measures for disaster victims and for reconstruction. Employees of
our company and Group companies also collected donations from our domestic and overseas offices, and donated
approximately 1 million yen to Civic Force, which is an NPO engaged in disaster relief activities in disaster-hit
Provision of Opportunities for Participation in Volunteer Activities to our Employees
- Our employees utilize their free time after weekday working hours to produce toys, such as building blocks, using
timber that they have collected. These are then donated to nursery schools in the areas affected by the Tohoku and
- We provide our employees with opportunities to participate in volunteer activities, such as charity marathons.